I really considered not doing the USA Bikini national show. I was feeling so burned out on dieting and training. Is it self sabotage or exhaustion? Probably a little of both! I have been dieting and training a minimum of two hours a day since January. I'm sure this is how a marathon runner feels at the 20 mile marker. Quit and have regrets or suck it up and feel the pride of finishing. After some reflection I decided to suck it up! I don't want to have any regrets and certainly don't want to use the word quitter to describe myself. So.... I have been training hard this week and keeping my diet squeaky clean. Diet is always harder than training; what can I say I love food! (I believe diet is the hardest for everyone) Our society is bombarded with food advertisements, fast food restaurants on every corner and social events where food is usually the focus. It can be challenging to grocery shop! Just take an extra look the next time you go to the grocery store at all the end caps on the aisles. It's not broccoli they are trying to sell you. And how about all the fast food restaurants you pass on the way to the store? Or count the food advertisements on the way there! No wonder why we are the heaviest nation.
When I'm so close to a show it is hard for me to even watch television commercials; almost all of them are about food. We all now the tag line for McDonald's...mmm I'm loving it. Loving what?? Heart disease, diabetes, 20 extra pounds to carry around ever day, I think NOT! I'm not saying that I don't eat it once in a blue moon. I'm saying it's pretty sad when it cost more to eat healthy than it does to eat junk food. My wish is that this wasn't the case and that we could be the healthiest nation. Really something has to change.
Maybe if we all wish and educate our kids, families, friends, and anyone we meet; things will change.
No comments:
Post a Comment